Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tea Rose

"Rose" is already fully assembled she is 20 inches  high,
the tallest of my dolls so far
My new "timeless" art piece is inspired by two things:
First is "Cernit" polymer  clay. I will be honest with you: I was not sure about it at first. After "Sculpy", it took me a while to figure out how to work with it. It is not easy to condition and blend, however I was very pleased with the result.
The manufactures of "Cernit" weren't kidding when they stated that it is "Favored by professional doll-makers for its fine, translucent, porcelain-like finish" 


I am very pleased with the look after curing. So here she is, my precious "Rose"




I absolutely love her fair delicate complexion. 


























The second inspiration is the "Tea Dress". These beautiful and elaborate lace creations were very popular in European Society at the brink of XIX and XX centuries, when it become fashionable to spend the leisure time on the open air. They usually were sewn in light cotton fabric adorned by delicate lace.

 I just can't wait to create one for my "Rose"!

The wonderful pictures of the dresses and some interesting historical facts are curtsey of http://www.livemaster.ru






No comments:

Post a Comment